Based on International Labour Organization directives, ISO 45001 will replace the British standard, OHSAS 18001. Implementing ISO 45001 is a strategic and operational decision for your company, enabling you to develop a comprehensive occupational health and safety policy, leading to fewer injuries and absences through illness. Drafting the ISO 45001 involved using a High-Level Structure approach. This comprehensive approach enabled full integration with other management systems, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
A COMPLETE SERVICE PORTFOLIO
A set of free technical documents providing guidance on the standards and its requisites will be shortly available through the website, www.lead.bureauveritas.com. A complete collection specific to the migration to ISO 45001 will soon be available for purchase too:
- Training courses. Gain an understanding of the new standard through courses developed by our experts.
- Online self-assessment tool. Identify areas for improvement, prioritize actions, and obtain a detailed overview of your management system capabilities using online self-assessment.
- Digital packs. We have designed a series of digital packs to ensure a smooth migration for your company in the simplest and most cost-effective way.
- Pre-Audits. A pre-audit is the best and most efficient way to check that your Management System is compliant with the new standard before we perform the Certification audit.
- Audits. Our audits provide you with the opportunity to validate the adaptation of your management system to the new ISO 45001 requisites.
Please note that ISO 45001:2018 is a new standard; therefore the original certification dates relating to BS OHSAS 18001 cannot be shown on ISO 45001:2018 certificates as they would not be valid.
Bureau Veritas Certification operates throughout the world, and has over 60 accreditations to provide national verification and accredited certification services. As a market leader worldwide, an extensive range of certifications and personalised auditing services are available in the fields of quality, health and safety, the environment, and social responsibility.